This list is pretty much what our lives are like just now! We have a lot to do and the window to get everything done is closing quick. That said, we have been tremendously blessed by God through it all. Here's a little bit about what's been going on:
- Over the last three weeks and for the upcoming week we have literally had a dinner on every night. We have spent this time saying goodbye to our dear friends. It's been awesome! Alisdair is in his prime with all the people time. :)
- On Saturday night, our church put on a goodbye party for us and it was SO nice. We had a lot of laughs and got to spend one last time catching up with folks and telling them where we are going and what we are doing. We are incredibly grateful that God called us to be a small part of what He is doing in North Central Austin by helping plant North Village Church. Being a part of this church and following after such Jesus-loving people has totally changed the trajectory of our lives. We are so thankful and look forward to continuing to partner with North Village for the sake of the gospel around the world!
- On Sunday, Michael, our Pastor, said a little word for us and prayed for us as we are sent out to be a part of what God is doing in Scotland.
- On Sunday afternoon, we gathered together with a few of our close friends and asked them to cover us in prayer. They prayed for the following big areas: God moving in Scotland, God moving in our marriage, God directing us to an awesome church in Scotland, God going before us in our relationships with our family and God's sovereign goodness over all of the logistics. Again, we are so humbled and blessed to have gotten to walk alongside these brothers and sisters over the last six years and know we will be friends with them for life!
- On Sunday night we got to attend a very dear friends' goodbye party as she is off to Boston. We got to connect with a lot of other people and pray and hear about God being at work in the lives of people all over. To Him be the glory!
Needless to say, it's been a lot on! For those of you who know me, you know that I could be at the tipping point just about now as I struggle having so much on! :) God has sustained me and given me strength, joy and peace throughout every step of this process. It's been amazing.
Everyday we are covering all that is before us in prayer and we are finding that as a result we are protected by His perfect peace. All good stuff. I plan on updating this more frequently now that our journey is truly beginning, so stay tuned for more soon!